Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 3 has passed. I did a few interesting things. On Friday I went to a Sommerfest with some of the "Erziehers," I guess these are sort of like teachers or teacher assistants. This Sommerfest included Erziehers from other schools too. It was in this really cool place. Maybe it was a party hall but it had this lounge/club feel to it. They had AMAZING food. And it was by the Spree–I think being near water makes everything feel cooler :-P I had a lovely time.
Yesterday, Saturday, I went to Potsdam with two friends from Cultural Vistas. It was nice to get out of Berlin a little. The city still feels kind of big, but it is much more quiet. We walked through a really nice park. And you didn't hear the roar of all the cars. I love nature! As cool as Berlin is, I don't know if I'd want to permanently live in a big city. I love peacefulness. But we'll see if I still feel this way at the end of the internship.
After walking through the park we ate on a street where no cars went through. It was all cobblestone with people walking through. It reminded me of south Germany, when I was in Schwäbisch Hall and visiting Freiburg. I had a Curry Chicken Pizza, and I really liked it! Afterwards we went to see a palace. Actually it was three, but I think they all belonged to the same family. Yeah....I have to do a little more research on that. What I know now is that the Sanssouci belonged to Frederick the Great and was built in the mid 1700s. This was the third palace we saw. I liked the first two better. We actually didn't go into any of them; we were just on the outside. And the landscaping is beautiful. The whole area where the palaces are is actually a park. And it has this Alice in Wonderland kind of feel to it. I loved it! I just want to have a front lawn and backyard like it. I'd be playing there all day.



No comments:

Post a Comment